One of the main problems with preventing text copying in HTML is that it can be difficult to determine where the text should be copied. This can be especially problematic when copying large blocks of text, as it can be difficult to accurately position the cursor.
How to Disable Text Selection, Copy, Cut, Paste and Right-click
To disable text selection, copy, cut, paste and right-click in HTML:
1. Open your HTML document in a text editor.
2. Find the element you want to disable text selection, copy, cut, paste and right-click on.
3. In the example below, I’m disabling text selection on the paragraph below:
4. To disable text selection:
Disable text selection
5. To enable text selection:
Enable text selection
Why to disable copy on a web
There are a few reasons why you might want to disable copy on a web page in HTML. One reason is that you want to prevent users from copying text or images from your page. Another reason is that you want to reduce the amount of data that users have to send over the network in order to view your page.